LOVE IN ACTION
We are excited to announce the launch of our brand new ‘Love In Action’ GivenGain campaign, which will extend our reach far beyond South Africa. Did you know that 75 countries have folks fundraising for a charity on GivenGain? Everyone’s network presents a unique opportunity to embrace the globe with the arms of giving.
Hundreds of thousands of people can receive food and essentials, and your support is needed urgently. Please sign up as one of our ‘Champions’ today. Your responsible tourism fundraising efforts support countless individuals, and now, you can spread the message by joining our family
of champions. The fact is, our impoverished and vulnerable people need your help now, as they are living below the breadline. By supporting our projects, you invest in human capital, assuring dignity and empowerment for many in need.
Follow this link to see one of our first champion pages. Find instructions on how to sign up here. Or, see below, where we walk you through the process. It will be the best fifteen minutes you have ever invested.
“Thank you, beautiful people, for championing the work we are committed to and for being our ‘Champions.’ Love from James, Xolani, and the extended Uthando Family of Projects.”
- Go to GivenGain site
- Search for UthandoSa
- On the Uthando page, click on “Fundraise.”
- Sign up by completing your details
- SKIP “Fundraise as part of an event”
- Upload a profile picture of yourself (optional)
- You can edit the tag line “I am raising fund for…” if you want to.
- You can stipulate the target amount you wish to raise and the number of days you are setting your target
- Add media: This can be a video (you-tube link) about Uthando, or a photo – you can get these off our Facebook page or our website or request one from me
- Under “story,” add your unique reason for believing in this cause and why you are raising money. You are welcome to use Uthando’s narrative or your own. You can also use this example:
The many non-governmental projects Uthando supports are working around the clock to ensure their communities are provided with the essentials to survive. Join the mission to give what we can, and together we can personify “Love in Action” during the time of Coronavirus and into the future.
- You can edit the text for your social media “first Day” alert…
- Make it live!
How do you fundraise on GivenGain?
- Post your campaign on your Facebook page
- Email your campaign appeal to your network and encourage donations
- Add the GivenGain campaign link to your newsletters, website, and twitter (if applicable)
- The vital thing to know is that you must keep marketing your campaign and asking your colleagues, friends, and family to donate. Good luck!
Subscribe to our mailing list and never miss our newsworthy updates.